Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a Kia 2013 Optima and I got in to go somewhere and I

Customer Question

I have a Kia 2013 Optima and I got in to go somewhere and I couldn't get it to start. It indicated that I didn't have the Smart Key but I did. What should I do??
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the system is indicating you have no smart key then its very likely the system has lost its programming and unfortunately this is not something that can repaired on line. The first thing you are going to need to do is to have the system scanned and see what fault code and or codes are setting. Unfortunately this is best done by your dealer.