K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

Trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2004 Kia Optima.

Customer Question

Trying to figure out what is wrong with my 2004 Kia Optima. Code PO335.
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

You will need to check the wiring going to the crank sensor. I'll post the test procedure below. If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did the tests at the harness side connector for the CKPS. The first two step tested as expected, recorded battery voltage with the ignition on at the power supply, continuity of the ground circuit seemed fine. When I performed step 3, I recorded 5 volts with the ignition on. Not sure what (if any) the voltage is supposed to be here as it is not spelled out in the instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I am supposed to receive less than .5v at this connector, if that is the case, and I am reading 5 volts, what is the likely failure point?