john aka eauto
john aka eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  15 years foreign and domestic shop owner and technician
6149662

I have a 2005 kia rio. When I was driving around 60mph left

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2005 kia rio. When I was driving around 60mph left front wheel is shaking. I have just replaced left axle. balanced tire. changed rim, but the problem is same. There is one thing left beering. I wanna replace the front left wheel bearing, but I do not know steps. Which step should I follow to removing old hub and bearings, and then which steps should I follow when I am placing the new hub, bearings and seals. Can you help me? Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

is the bearing loose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually I am not sure bearing is loose or not. There is a kind of sound and shaking. march 2015 somebody hitted me from left front tire, but it was a kind of tuching to the tire. And then I started to use camber bolt kit to adjust my front left tire. After the accident I started to hear a noise when I was driving on the smooth freeway. Then ıt become a shaking. First I tought axle is the problem. Because there was a leaking on the axle boot from the transmission side. I have changed axle but I have same problem. Now if the problem is bearing I w***** *****ge knuckle too. BC there is a bend on the knuckle.

is the knuckle or the strut bent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention it. I have change strut, strut mount, too.

what about the knuckle and control arm? they are the weakest links

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not changed control arm and knuckle, but I have changed stablizer bar and rod end too.

id buy a used knee assembly/ knuckle with hub and a control arm I would not waste my time on the bearing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried but I could not, I have visited 4 junk car yards, but I could not find it. Do you know any place that I could find assempled. I have tried craigslist too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already bought hub, bearing & knuckle. I ll try to return them If I could. Do you think will it be hard for me to change to bearings? BC there are two bearings.

do you have a press? did you check out car-part?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not have a press. I was thinking to rent DIY tools from oreilly to change it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ve checked out the parts.

I would ring the knuckle to a auto shop or auto machine shop and have it pressed..they are easy to screw up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sounds good. Can I remove brake dust cover without parting out knuckle&hub assembly. or do I need to remove dust cover? It is seems like cover is located between hub and knuckle.

yea cant remove without pressing it or hub shark

or a slide hammer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

rent a slide hammer and muscle the hub off...then you can get to your shield...used is the easiest if the bearing is good