Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My heat blows constantly can't turn it off.

Customer Question

Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Is it the interior fan that is not turning off at all or is it that the temp will not change from hot to cold?

Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or correct this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The interior fan will not turn off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been checked I was told they would need to take the center console out it could be a switch.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Does your model have the AUTO heat and ac with the auto settings or manual controls?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Manual controls
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,on this model the power signal to the blower/interior fan motor comes from the blower relay which is fed power from the 40 amp blower fuse.This has power with the key on.This circuit is most likely o.k.From there the ground signal to turn on the blower comes from the heater and ac control unit on the dash with the key on or engine running.If there is an internal electrical fault in this control module on the dash this will cause this with the switch/control on the dash needing replaced.If there is a short in the wiring from the dash switch/control to the blower where the wire is shorted to ground this will also cause this with the wiring needing repaired.

Most common is the switch/control on the dash with the entire control assembly on the dash needing replaced.This control unit on the dash can cost around $350 new from a dealer and about a half hour labor to replace.In some cases you can locate a used one at a salvage yard like at http://www.car-part.com.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.