AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

2007 kia rondo 68k miles engine

Customer Question

2007 kia rondo 68k miles engine blown
Category: Kia
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. How can I help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know where to turn. Here is a bit more information concerning the car in question from the last couple emails. . The car was purchased with 60,800k miles on it. Now it has a little over 68k and KIA says engine is dead. the label on the driver’s window says 100k warranty but bought as is at dealer. 2nd owner applies?Points to keep in mind:
• Nov 2014, for college my daughter (and I co-signed) bought a 2007 KIA Rondo at certified dealer – Coggins in Ft. Pierce, FL in order to receive loan requirements (under 7.5k miles and 2007 or newer)
• October 2015 took to local dealer because it stalled and hard to turn over. Local dealer (Mid-Coast Tire in Vero Beach) said they could not fix it because KIA has all and only the rights to fix it. Mid-coast said it it might be the fuel pump.
• Towed car to KIA (1 mile from local dealer)
• We told KIA Vero, Mid-Coast said there is a fuel pump problem.
• KIA replaced the fuel pump (but did not do a diagnostic)
• KIA then said it was timing belt (but did not do a diagnostic)
• KIA then said it was engine (but did not do a diagnostic) - they said when car doesn't run, cant diagnois
• Car is sitting at KIA Vero BEACH 2 weeks now.
• My 19 year old daughter, college student, still owes 7k (over $200 monthly interest and loan for 4 more years)
We contacted a lawyer who specifically deals with this and he said to take a dear mechanic friend in and let them explain. We did, and KIA Vero very helpful directing us to KIA USA indicating that KIA USA have had many problems with the engine(compressor??) (but they do not want to name names or be part of a complaint).also need "direct person" to send certified letter and paperwork (my daughter did her homework in finding complaints on line; and this is her first car for college). :(thank you. Jann Holladay (we do not have money to pay for the current 1200 timing belt and fuel pump, let alone 5k engine which we were quoted.

I am very sorry your having these problems. I don't think I will be able to help you unfortunately. I could instruct you on how to replace the engine, rebuild it, etc.. I do think you have so far gone through the correct steps to getting this resolved, but I am not an expert when it comes to legal stuff. Not by a long shot. I honestly think your question might be better off in the legal section of the site.

Unless what your asking for is help in determining that the engine is in fact damaged, in which case I can help you determine that if you would like to perform some diagnostic testing..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. I do not want to move further. just wondering if you knew of other engine problems like this. found a lot on line but wanted more info. I hope you are ok not receiving more than 5? ok? let me know.

I would be more than happy to look up any technical service bulletins or recalls. What engine does your kia have? 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder?

What do you mean by receiving more than 5?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand in order to ask Q I have to submit $5. there is not a recall. thanks anyway. don't want to waist your time or my money. Our family is devastated, especially my daughter. But hope you have a nice day!

I really am very sorry your going through this and sorry that I can't be of assistance with the issue. I can put you in for a refund of your deposit if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is very nice. Only submit refund if they are charging more than $10. Have a wonderful day and glad your a caring person. Keep on carin....

I am not sure what they have charged, or will charge you. I only answer questions and I only get paid if/when you rate me at or above 3 stars. Otherwise your money is in a deposit account with your name on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just rated you with 5 stars because of your kindness and I am sure you are very very knowledgeable. I know I did not get the answers I needed but it was not your fault. I am not sure if the larger number of stars means I need to pay more. It looks like I will be charge 18 for the info. Hoping you can help to get a refund. If not, please let me know. I really appreciate your time. Jann
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to submit rating 5 star...not allowing me to submit but set up free trial. :(

I appreciate that. I will advise customer service of the issue and they will issue a refund. even if you have provided me with a rating ( which is definitely appreciated)