Amedee
Amedee, Kia Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

03 kia sorento was starting but after running it wouldn't

Customer Question

03 kia sorento was starting but after running it wouldn't start up after turning it off. Now it doesn't start at all tuns over but it won't start.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! You are going to have to check for spark and fuel when cranking it over. If the engine has spark, check to see if it runs on starting fluid. If so, then yes, you could just have a bad fuel pump.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

If there is no spark, I would suspect a bad crankshaft position sensor as this is very comon.

Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It's Amedee from just answer. I am just checking in to see how things turned out and if you need further assistance. Please let me know.

Amedee