EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

P0154. how do i diagnose. o2 sensors are reading on my

Customer Question

p0154. how do i diagnose. o2 sensors are reading on my scanner
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. What year and model KIA do you have? what engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
06 3.5 sorento
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. How long does it take for the code to come back after you clear it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about 60 miles
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Generally that code indicates the o2 sensor is shorted inside. And usually replacing the o2 sensor the problem is fixed. But it is possible that there is a circuit issue from the o2 sensor connector to the pcm. Which is definitely not as likely.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Kia does have a flow chart to follow for diagnosis. It does involve taking ohm readings with a multi-meter from the o2 sensor connector to the engine computer.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you are interested in performing the procedure. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please send the flow chart for diagnosing the problem
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE for page 1

CLICK HERE for page 2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have recived the flow chart bit the chart dose not give me the specs each wire shoul be at. how much volts do some wires hane and the resistance others should be at. if you got a spec sheet that tells me what spec each wire needs to be at please send it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

The specs are in the flow chart. The resistance readings should be less than 1 ohm. And the other spec of voltage is B+. Or battery voltage.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have a pin chart for the ecu. i dont know what conector pin is what.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

CLICK HERE for ecu terminal numbers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the h02s conector there is four wires. how do i tell whitch wire is 1234. on the harness side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have no ohm resistence from conecter terminal 2 and ecu conector terminal b9. the ohm reader says ol. should the ecu conector be pluged in or out while testing the wire
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You need to touch all 4 wires of the ho2s connector to the wire that you are testing at the ecu. There should be continuity between the wire at the ecu and one of the wires at the ho2s connector.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I meant touch all the wires with your meter to see which one has continuity. And the ecu connector should be disconnected. You are testing harness side, to harness side. If there is OL on one of the circuits, then that wire may be broken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im using the print out sheet you sent me. it says to test terminal 2 and therminal b9 for contnuity. terminal 2 gose to c2 not b9 so how am i suposed to have continuity
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I dont see what you mean. Terminal 2 of the o2 sensor connector. And pin B9 at the ECU from the diagram. Why do you say terminal 2 goes to C2? In the next step terminal 1 of o2 connector goes to C2.