Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

My 2003 kia sorento has 203,349 miles myis low light came on

Customer Question

my 2003 kia sorento has 203,349 miles my*****is low light came on what can be the problem
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure you didn't shift the vehicle into 4wd low as some have a feature either by button or shift handle to shift into 4wd low.If it has place the transmission in neutral with the engine running and shift out of 4low with the same switch/handle.If this does not work then a fault code has set in the 4wd system that needs diagnosed by having the fault codes read out using a scan tool or dealers computer to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.I have seen the transfer case actuator fail internally needing replaced for this issue but there are several other components that will cause this here and having the codes checked is the first step.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.