SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

What would cause my drivers door window in my 2013 sorento

Customer Question

What would cause my drivers door window in my 2013 sorento to go down and blow the fuse in the dash? I replaced the fuse and now it will not go up or down. I removed the motor and manually put the window up replaced the motor but when I plug the motor back to the harness it automatically goes down about 3 inches. The switches are not plugged in and the ignition switch is in the off position. Help
Category: Kia
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like you have a short in the wiring harness.You can start by checking the wiring that is located in the door hinge area that is covered by a rubber boot.Look for any exposed or rubbing wires.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds like a routie answer I have already did that. I guess the question is there a body computer or sensors I need to be aware of that could cause this problem?