sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a lit triangle with an X inside and can't find it the

Customer Question

I have a lit triangle with an X inside and can't find it the manual
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

That's referred to as the master warning light and it will come on for quite a few things. It's covered in section 4 page 84 of the manual.

It may be as simple as low washer fluid, it could be an issue with the blind spot detection system, lane departure system, forward collision warning, or it could be on because of the service reminder. If you're at low mileage and not yet ready for an oil change then it may be an electrical issue in one of the systems or low washer fluid, try filling the washer fluid first and see if that takes care of it. If not then you'll need to see your dealer to have them see what fault codes are setting and diagnose the issue, which will be covered under basic warranty unless your mileage is high enough to already be out of basic warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Section 4 pg 84 refers to a triangle with an explanation symbol inside. My indicator is a triangle (open at the top point) with an X inside.

Are you able to upload a picture of what you're seeing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No photo possible, but in the 2016 owner's manual section 4 page 71 top picture, it is in # ***** and is the indicator symbol on the top right

That's the icy road indicator and will come on when conditions are right for icing. See section 4 page 76.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

You're welcome!