Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

2006 Sportage, Rear wiper quit working. Kept hearing a

Customer Question

2006 Sportage, Rear wiper quit working. Kept hearing a relay/breaker ping in the car if the rear wiper switch was left on. replace wiper motor/gear drive, still not working. Replaced rear wiper relay, still not working. Power fuse is good and there is power to the relay. Also, now the front wipers are not returning to rest position when turned off, no intermediate action either. could this be the controller lever/switch that is at fault?, or possible the wiring to the wiper controls is shorted?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

I do not have access to your email address, <<<<<<<<< READ THIS <<<<<<

.

That does sound like the switch, however, you will have to do the tests to be sure.

I can get the test instructions and schematics for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with it?

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Thanks but I can't draw a schematic over the phone. I can however email it to you if you accept the additional service offer, thanks again.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with it?