EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

I have 2011 kia soul, after refueling the car turns on fine

Customer Question

I have 2011 kia soul, after refueling the car turns on fine bt when I drive out of the gas station, like 1 or 2 minutes after refueling the car stalls a couple of times and then goes back to normal. What isbthe cause of this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. There is a valve under the hood that controls when vacuum should be applied to the fuel tank to burn vapors, for emissions reasons. THis valve goes bad often and allows vacuum to be applied to the fuel tank when the tank is full and causes this concern. The valve should only be opening when the tank is between 85-15% of fuel. The valve is called the vapor management valve.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Please respond to let me know if you have more questions, or need more info. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I get it in a ln auto parts? It is easy to change? Thanks
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

It is easy to change. It may only be bought at a dealer. I am not 100% sure on that. I work at the KIA dealer so I just get it there. I'll get you a picture of it.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Here is a pic of its location.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the canister purge selenoid valve?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** to try to get it
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Thank you and please rate my service today and let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I order the part, the is any information with instructions of how to replace it?
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Ok. There is no instructions in the workshop manual on replacing it. It is pretty straight forward. Disconnect the electrical connector, remove the 2 hoses and remove the valve from the bracket.