Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My car has electronic ignition and sometimes won't start.

Customer Question

My car has electronic ignition and sometimes won't start. the engine light comes on but the car won't turn on. The dealer has the car now and says they can't find anything wrong and they have started the car several time. They say to pick it up but something is obviously wrong. It is not the batteries in the key fob. I checked.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The problem is a worn contact inside the ignition switch that intermittently not making good contact. The problem you face is that the dealership can not duplicate the problem, so they are hesitant to recommend replacing anything, especially after years and years of consumers calling them "stealerships" or worse. Service advisors become gun shy on recommending a parts replacement when the tech cannot confirm the problem by duplicating the problem.

You can request them to go ahead and replace it based upon symptoms.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks