Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 yrs. Diagnostic specialist
13677702

Kiatech, Im trying to find the relay in my 2008 kia

Customer Question

Hey Kiatech,
Im trying to find the flasher relay in my 2008 kia sportage. Ive twisted myself onto the floor and looked under the dashboard around the steering wheel but cant find it. Could you tell me where it is.
Thanks
Category: Kia
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, sorry for the delay, You have to remove the panel shown to access it, I included a link showing this and location

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall,
I removed the panel you spoke of and there was a sheet metal plate there. I removed that but still could not find the flasher. I am sending some picts
Thanks
Ken
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Unsure, hard to tell by the pics, 3rd picture, poking out from the main wire loom I see a square box, black, I think that is the general area, is that it?

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

try this, showing to right of the column bracket,Hard as I can not remember each and every one, sorry, look at this picture

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

I see it in your 3rd pictuyre, top right of the picture with yellow wires and balck and should be a white to it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Randall
Gonna checkit in the morn before work.
Thanks again
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

its there, 3rd pic but bracketed in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Randall,
I got in there again and see the unit your talking about but I can not dislodge it. I tried to push and pull in every way and direction I could, just short of ripping it out but no luck. How does it come out.
Thanks Ken
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

it is bolted on with a small bolt throught he bracket, You need to move whatever wire etc wise around it and unblot the bracket, This is explained in the firct file I sent you and shows picture of the boltwhich I think is 10mm