jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

Ron.i have a 2004 kia spectra ex. code PO455 came up.i

Customer Question

hi ron.my name is ***** ***** a 2004 kia spectra ex. code PO455 came up.i replaces the fuel.and the engine light came back on a day after I erased the code.i would like to know what is my next step
Category: Kia
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, this is a gross or large emissions leak.

the emissions needs to hold a vacuum in order to use the fuel vapors back into the motor.this involes the gas cap,hoses.purge and vent valve solenoids .

this really needs to be hooked up to a scanner and smoke machine to check the solenoids and to activate them and the smoke tester will show where the leak is .

I would look at the hoses going to the charcoal canister in the rear of the vehicle near the fuel tank ,check the gas cap,where the gas cap screws into for rust etc..

if all appears good then you need to have the emissions system smoked to find the leak and it is worth it to have this done ,as it will show where the leak is ,,thank you ..jazzmaster ..

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

if I have helped you ,then ,please rate me positive and we can always still continue if needed ,as this is the only way I receive credit ,,thank you ..jazzmaster ..