Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

2011 Kia Sedona When we make a left turn or go around a left

Customer Question

2011 Kia Sedona
When we make a left turn or go around a left curve, the door sensor or something dings and causes the ceiling light to come on! We have taken it in to Kia twice now for the problem. Technicians cleaned the door and sensors and now it dings more frequently than ever! Driving in the metro Atlanta area is difficult enough without the constant dinging! Any help or suggestions on what to do to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

There is a TSB and a recall from Kia for this problem. It involves replacing the sliding door control module on the doors that are causing the ajar light. Do you know if this has been performed on your vehicle?

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you needed any additional information. Thanks!

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any more help. Please don't forget to rate (that's how they pay us).