Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

How do I remove the front passenger door on a 2005 KIA

Customer Question

How do I remove the front passenger door on a 2005 KIA Spectra?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The door should have a main connector that will need to be unplugged before removal , See step 12 in the enclosed steps for door removal. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Door%20removla%20Oct%204.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I need to know is how to get the wire connector in step 12 to unplug. I've tried gently pulling on it but it doesn't seem to want to come loose. I don't want to pull too hard and damage the connector. Is there some sort of latch that needs to be released first to before the connector will come loose? Step 12 doesn't give any detailed information.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There will usually be a clip on the side of the connector that has to be pried up or in some cases bushed in. Can you post a picture of the connector so I can see it and I can advise from there.