Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

When i turn on my headlights with the multifunction switch

Customer Question

when i turn on my headlights with the multifunction switch there are no dim lights with a buzzing sound only when car is running
I can switch to high beams and they work but no dims
I have checked all fuses and headlight bulbs and wiring seems okay
2002 kia rio wagon kept in garage all the time
Could this be the multifunction switch but the buzzing is coming from the firewall??
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

We need to do some wire testing. Do you own a test light or volt meter and can you work from wire diagrams?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a test light

Below is the wire diagram.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/02kiariohead.pdf

I forgot to ask if you have daytime running lights. Lets rule out the combination switch. With the headlights on the green/red and blue/black wires should be power. Low beams on the red wire should be powered not the blue/white. High beams or flash to pass should be the opposite of the last test. Let me know these results.

-----------PLEASE READ THIS------------

1. First of all, thanks for using Just Answer, and Thanks for letting me try to help you.

2. Sorry about the wait, we try our best to get to everyone fast.

3. Do not mistake the above or following posts from me as my last one. We can ask each other many questions, and I can post many answers.

4. I base my response on what you tell me, I am not there to see, smell, or hear, so please factor that in.

5. On your screen you see a rating. That is how I'm paid from your deposit for helping you. I am going to keep checking in on you to make sure your pleased with my help. Let me know if your planning to rate at a later date if not now.

6. If you decide to rate BAD it doesn't result in a refund, please respond first so I can help more.

7. I'm here normally 3pm-3am central everyday. Thanks again, Chris (aka-Moose)