Amedee
Amedee, Kia Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 2005 Kia Sedona van w/3.5 V6 misses and surges when I

Customer Question

My 2005 Kia Sedona van w/3.5 V6 misses and surges when I have the A/c on at idle. What is causing this to happen.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This is caused by an air or a vacuum leak or a bad throttle body. Also, be sure to check the mass air flow sensor and air intake snorkle for any cracks or rips as this can cause the air fuel ratio to be off significantly at idle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think it is a vacuum leak because it would misfire and surge all the time not just when I turn on the A/C. What about the idle air control valve? Can you clean any of these items or do you replace?
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! YES, it can be a bad idle air control motor. However, my experience is that if this is bad, it would be an issue all the time. Not just when the AC is on. But yes, to answer your question, it is possible.