Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

No con error message on 2005 Kia amante

Customer Question

No con error message for radio on 2005 Kia amante
Category: Kia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If anything after market has been wired into the vehicle into the radio system or components this can cause this issue here if it wasn't wired in properly or if the component is defective and may need re wired or removed to correct this fault here.If anything after market has been wired in this needs checked to see if this is the cause.

If nothing after market was wired in this can be due to an internal electrical fault in the radio itself with the radio needing removed and repaired or removed and replaced.This will have to be tested further to be sure of the cause here and from there repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. The no con error message came up after I replaced the battery. Could there be something wrong in how I connected the.cables?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

In some cases the radio can go into a logic lock up and cause this after a battery replacement,in this case you should be able to disconnect the battery or remove the fuses for the radio for 5 minutes then reconnect the cable or reinstall the fuses to reset and correct this here.If this does not work it is possible a voltage surge damaged the radio when the new battery was connected and the radio would then need removed and repaired or replaced or that the radio needs coded/programmed by a dealer with their computer to correct this.Usually one of these will correct this fault here.I would try the reset first and if this doesn't work I would see if you can get it recoded to see if it corrects this fault.

Thanks Pete