Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

We have a 2004 sedona and have just started to have problems

Customer Question

We have a 2004 sedona and have just started to have problems with starting it. The key turns and there is a click, no start, turn again, no click and no start. This can continue for several minutes, until it starts. We only got the car started yesterday after a half hour and never switched it off until we got home from our holiday. We are thinking it may be the ignition or the starting motor or both, any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you know if there is power to the starter when the key is turned to start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,all the panel lights come on, they do all that they are supposed to do except start the car,
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Have you tried starting it in Neutral? (possibly wiggle the shifter while turning the key)

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There were some problems with the trans position sensors on quite a few of them. It may need an adjustment.

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the sensor may need to be adjusted.

.

I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks