Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I have an opportunity to buy a 2002 kia sportage,106k

Customer Question

I have an opportunity to buy a 2002 kia sportage,106k mileage, $1500. I have heard multiple problems with gas smell, corrosion, problems with gas tank, 4wd. Is this vehicle worth purchasing or a piece of junk in your opinion?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me start by saying that whatever money you paid, or if you have a subscription, the money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There was a recall on a lot of them for the fuel leaking from the fuel tanks. If that has been done there should be no other problems with it. I think if it runs good and the trans shifts good, (brakes and tires good of course) that is a pretty good price for the 4WD Sportage.

.

You also want to see if the timing belt has been done on it.

.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I can get the bulletin for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address, Thanks