sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2002 kia spectra has dash board pwr window, pwr lock

Customer Question

2002 kia spectra has dash board pwr window, pwr lock problem, all the fuses and wiring is good. mechanic couldn't find anything wrong.
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car was sitting over 10 years, only 18,000 miles and everything else is good, the enginge light comes on, but the mechanic says its because the other things (as I described) going on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like the shop may not have had the electrical experience to diagnose the problem if they said every ting was fine yet couldn't find the problem. The engine light won't come on for anything except a failure in the powertrain, power locks and windows can't turn the engine light on.

Are the locks and windows not working from just the master switch? Do they work from their individual switches?

Do you know what fault codes are setting in the engine controller?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he didn't give any fault codes, and I knew that the pwr locks &win should not cause that. But they don't come on from any switch, only when he jumped them to see would they go up & down.

Do you have a big chain parts store such as Autozone? Most will read fault codes for free.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a big chain

Are you able to have the codes read from the engine controller and let me know what is found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is no check engine light they will not look to check electrical problems, I tried that first at auto zone. If you have no idea whats going on its fine, but I don't want to keep going back to the things I already know

The problem will take in depth electrical testing either way.

You said that the engine light was on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but its not after the mechanic went through his system check
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to leave a bad rating, but you really can't provide me with any answers so i would like my c.c. charge reversed.Thanks