fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

I have a 2007 Kia Sedona. Every so often when I start the

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Kia Sedona. Every so often when I start the car and hit gas the car surges. It even has happened when driving a while I will get this surge where it seems like I am hitting the gas and letting off several times in a row. Would you have any idea what may be causing this?
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine light is coming on? How many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the check engine light has been on. There is about 174000 miles on it.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the vehicle has not been tuned up in some time then it may be worn spark plugs. These will definitely cause this. It can also be a dirty throttle body. If the check engine light is on then you should start by having the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you have this done you can bring me the codes and they may help to determine what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will take to an auto store tomorrow to get codes. Do I come back to this site to give you codes or should the auto store be able to tell me the problem?
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

You can bring them back here and I can tell you what they mean and what needs to be done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

No problem. I will look for your follow up.