EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

I have a 2007 Kia Spectra. The driver's side door can no

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Kia Spectra. The driver's side door can no longer be opened from the inside or the outside. All the other doors work fine. HELP! My husband is scared it will be a major repair cost. There have been no accidents with the vehicle.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The most common cause I see for a Spectra door to not open is that the screws that hold the latch to the door loosen up and cause the latch to get loose and not release properly.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

What I have done in the past is to get help from someone and hold the door handle open and use a decent amount of force and hit the door open from the inside.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If using this force does not get the door open you will then want to remove the interior door panel and see if something visual can be found wrong.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on this? Have you made any progress? Please rate the service provided and thanks for using Just Answer.