Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Have a 2010 Kia Sportage- upon acceleration the engine makes

Customer Question

Have a 2010 Kia Sportage- upon acceleration the engine makes a whirring sound - has been doing this for the past several months - car ran fine other wise...however just a few days ago the RPMs stuck at 4 and I switched to manual shift to gear down and no more sticking...the only other thing wrong with the car is that the fuel gauge began to work intermittently at the beginning of the year....most often will only register as half full tank upon full fill up of gas....other times the gauge registers correctly.....the gauge seems to work correctly from half a tank down.....most major work done on the car was having new break rotars and pads replaced on all tires about two years ago
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
The whirring sound and sticking acceleration is due to the electronic throttle body. You want to first try cleaning it with throttle body cleaner. If continues, then replace it
The fuel gage is usually due to a faulty fuel level sensor in the fuel tank attached to the fuel pump. You will need to replace the sensor
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks