Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The bulbs need replacing on the instrument cluster of our

Customer Question

the bulbs need replacing on the instrument cluster of our 2003 Kia Rio, How do I remove the cluster?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** are only 4 screws holding it in place then you have to pull cluster outward while twisting up to access connectors. Disconnect connectors, then pull cluster out. They are pretty hard to break so you can give it a little more force. Here are instructions from manual, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks
-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0dak9kye2gzkr8a/kiaclrr.pdf?dl=0
-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another problem with the Kia: The lights work but when we switch to headlights, the rear lights go out. They do work with the switch in the next position (first position from off) but we have no high beam lights. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The headlight problem sounds like the switch itself has failed if rear lights work in one position but not the other that would mean wiring is good leaving switch as problem. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions, thanks.