sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a sportage 2011, and I cant open the tailgate with

Customer Question

Hello I have a sportage 2011, and I cant open the tailgate with tehe central locking, it Works only with the key
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have a handful of things going on. The most likely cause would be the release actuator in the liftgate latch, but it may also be wiring, the tailgate relay, a blown fuse or a module issue.

I'm assuming all other power locks work ok. If so then the net step will be to remove the liftgate panel, disconnect the latch connector and set up a test light across the terminals for the blue and the black wire. If the test light lights up when pressing the liftgate release button then the latch has failed.