Tristan Franklin
Tristan Franklin, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  8yrs. exp. engine repair performance brakes electrical air condition
10186415

Battery has full charge. Solenoid clicks then 1 or 2

Customer Question

Battery has full charge. Solenoid clicks then 1 or 2 revolutiona very slow then nothing. Can jump kinda ok. Seems to work. 2004 ex
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lots of clicking inside of car every time key is turned to off position after not starting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tristan Franklin replied 1 year ago.

thanks for the info. if the car doesn't want to crank unless you jump if off the problem has to to be either a weak battery (possible dead cell), loose connection at the battery, starter, or fuse block or high resistance in the battery cables. To check for a high resistance in the cables you'll need to do a voltage drop test on the cables with a voltmeter. use alligator clips and connector 1 end to the battery negative post and the other end to the engine block, put your meter on min/max to capture the spike, then crank the engine, if it reads more than 1 volt (usually with your problem you'll see 2 or more volts) either replace, clean, or tighten the cable. Then clip on to the battery positive to the starter positive (use the same specs). now i'm ruling out a starter or a locked engine due to it cranking fine when its jumped. please give a positive rating and reply back any questions you may have. thanks