Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

2001 Kia optima 2.4 litre. I have a problem with this car

Customer Question

2001 Kia optima 2.4 litre. I have a problem with this car intermittently running bad. I watch the scanner and at idle sometimes the engine load % will go to 100 and the engine runs bad. My catalytic converter has already melted due to the rich condition.
Once in a while I get a tp code and a maf code but they have both been changed already????
Category: Kia
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Its very well known issue. The MAF is either bad or has damaged wiring. Here's a schematic of it to the computer. The other wire is battery plus. I've seen some people add a ground to the ground circuit of the sensor and fix the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 5 wires at the MAF connector. Your diagram only shows 3?