Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I just bought a used 2014 KIA Sportage it has 22k miles on

Customer Question

Hello I just bought a used 2014 KIA Sportage it has 22k miles on it and I'm getting a jerking feeling when I take off and when I'm in the 20-25 mile range. I went to the dealership 2 weeks ago They say I have the current updated software and they reset the relearn. Still having issues do you know why this is? I read so many forums and a lot of KIA cars have this same problem. I know the car was a rental so I can assume anyone who drove it has different driving styles. Any suggestions, as I'm taking in my car back to the dealership tomorrow morning. Thanks.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Jerking on take off can be caused by a few things and the first thing the dealer is going to need to do is to scan the computer system and see if the computer is setting and fault codes, in most cases the computer will detect system fault and set a code. If you can get me the results of the scan test I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They ran the scan and couldn't find anything. I took it the 1st time and they reset the relearn and when I took it in this morning and they don't see any issues. The scan came back with nothing. They say everything looks good. I'll just have to wait until I experience the jerking feeling when accelerating.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately if its now acting right then yes about the only thing you can do now is wait and see if the problem returns. It may not if there is no problem since the reset the system.