Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

2009 kia borrego V8 has a no start condition brake switch

Customer Question

2009 kia borrego V8 has a no start condition brake switch recall was done as well as replacing the main power relay and it ran perfect for 3 weeks and now the same condition came back ! Battery is good and the terminals were cleaned and the no start condtion came out of the blue ! Downhill descent icon is blinking red with ignition powered on. Had at least 100 starts between the two failures !
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The no crank condition as well as the light coming on may very well be related and in order to determine the cause the first thing that needs to happen is to have the computer system scanned and any fault codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine the cause.