Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I am replacing the right rear, exterior door handle on a Kia

Customer Question

I am replacing the right rear, exterior door handle on a Kia Spectra5.
I removed the bolt on the plastic "thingy" on the inside of the door to allow the pivot end of the handle to attach to it. I can't figure out how to get the other end in. I assumed it would pop in because I have been sliding the broken piece of door handle in to activate the release. No such luck.
How do I get that end in there? What do I need to disconnect?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question..

I have attached directions and illustrations below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Instructions for complete disassembly and removal of the door... okay.Am I actually going to have to remove the glass etc.?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI
Kia has all door repair steps on one page. Go to step 9 for the door handle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
you are welcome
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks