Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Kia Borrego will not go into park after front propeller

Customer Question

Kia Borrego will not go into park after front propeller shaft U Joints broke apart.
Removed front propeller shaft, still will not go into park.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

It is possible the shift linkage is out of adjustment. If you disconnect the linkage from the transmission. Are you able to manually shift the transmission into park? If so then an adjustment is needed, if not then there is internal damage to the parking pawl.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris