Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2006 Kia Sportage that started, sputtered then

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Kia Sportage that started, sputtered then turned it off. Tried to start it again and it tried to turn over but didn't start. Now it just clicks. The battery is at 11.3 volts with repeated attempts to start.
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, even though it has just enough voltage to start it, it may not have enough amperage. It needs at the very least 350 cranking amps. If you have an ammeter, check the cranking amps. If not, you need to take the battery to a shop or a parts store and have amperage checked.
You may just need a new battery.
So before we go further into diagnosing, you need to have the amperage of the battery checked first, otherwise we can be chasing our tails for the cause without checking the first thing we always check
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks