Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have 08 kia sorento with the following obd 2 codes

Customer Question

I have 08 kia sorento with the following obd 2 codes c1611,c1627,c1732,p1739
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vehicle runs fine and then sometimes the check engine light, ESC off light, and Oil pressure light will come on and the vehicle won't go over 10 mph or 2000 rpms
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Can you try clearing all of these code and then drive the car and see which ones reset and post pack with the results and we can work from there to try and get this resolved?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now have P2160 and P2138
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

These codes can be set due to any of the following, with the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor the most common to fail,

• Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor
  • Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor Circuit
  • Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor Connector
  • Ground

In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing, I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Pedal%20sensor%20Sept%2010.pdf