Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Replaced timing belt can't get it back in line. Get 1 can

Customer Question

Replaced timing belt can't get it back in line. Get 1 can and bottom in line second cam is out
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your customer.
The best way is to use cam locks, which you can rent from Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. You line up the cam sprockets then install the cam locks to them to keep them from turning as you install the belt and then the tensioner.
In a pinch you can cut a couple of wooden wedges to go between the cams to lock them in place.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks