Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have been doing a lot of research on an issue that just

Customer Question

I have been doing a lot of research on an issue that just popped up. I have a 2011 Kia Sedona. Years ago I installed the trailer light package that plugs into the factory rear light assemblies and then out to the trailer lights plug. I rewired the trailer (this is not a trailer issue), the trailer left rear running light still didn't work. I then noticed that the running lights weren't working on the Kia either... I removed L&R rear tail light assemblies and disconnected the Trailer package and plugged them both straight back into the Kia wiring harness... Left rear all good... Right rear everything working except for the running light... checked voltage in left and right wiring harnesses.... voltage at Red/Blk both sides. Power on left side Pink wire... no power at blue or red (smaller gauge wires)... Right side... no power at any of the wires except main Red/Blk wires. No power at the pink wire...
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
More... Went back out to the Van... Correction on wirers
Black - Ground? Nothing Left or Right
White - Break Light Power Left and Right when the break is depressed
Small Blue - Turn Signal Power when turn signal is on intermittent
Small Pink - Running Light Power Right, No Power Left
Small Red - ??
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Below is a link to the wire diagram.

For no passenger rear running lights on the van, the pink wire should have power. At the RAM module you need to check for power on the pink wire at pin 35 to see if the RM or wire is to blame for no power to the RR lamp with the parking lights on.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Chris,
I went back out to the vehicle and took a look at all the fuse panels. In figure 3 of the wiring diagram you sent me it shows the RAM module in the left rear corner of the vehicle. Please see picture "LF Rear Fuse Panel". There wasn't anything labeled RAM in the left rear fuse panel. I looked in the engine compartment fuse panel and found 3 RAM modules (1,2,&3). See picture "Engine Fuse Panel". Can you tell me which RAM module I need to remove and how will I know which pin is #35?
Thank you,
Troy

The RAM is part of the BCM. You need to remove the left rear quarter trim panel to gain access to it. To find pin 35 find 2 pink wires next to each other at pins 35 and 37.