sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

What is little black box mounted with camshaft position

Customer Question

What is little black box mounted with camshaft position sensor
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically the orange wire that splits and goes into 4 connectors coil1.coil2.ignition f ault sensor. Cam shaft position sensor. Has grounded against block and car wouldn't start there is no longer ground fault
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If a wire to the coils and ignition failure sensor contacted ground and the car will not start then you most likely have a blown fuse. Has the 20 amp IGN COIL fuse been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK well that was the first thing I checked there is no fuse blown... car will not start and there are no cod es coming up on scanner.... which is strange, car was running with check engine light on and showing a code p0304 #4 cylinder misfire and that's it. So I cleared it and was checking plug wires and verifying spark at all wires, plugs. Then wire touched motor while running and car died immediately and now has no codes and hasn't started since this happen?

Is there one wire at each coil with power when the key is on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is 12.08 volts toban orange wire with black stripe and grounds are good as well they have like 121. Ohms of resistance between ground at connector harness side to battery so I don't know where to go next I am stumped

Where exactly are you seeing 121 ohms? That isn't near properly grounded.