fix it man
fix it man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL
1627031

I have a 2011 Kia Soul I think I am having transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Kia Soul I think I am having transmission problem. Not sure. My car will sort of lunge and hesitate when I took it in for an oil change I had him check it out he said the transmission oil was low he filled it he said he looked and couldn't find ant leaks. Can it be the rear end. I don't know where to take this. I travel to work so it has very high mileage . I live between salem Ohio and alliance Ohio. I work every day. I don't have another car to drive. Kia in alliance. I feel I can't trust them. I work in Akron and I don't have time to ful around.
Category: Kia
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the questions. I have a few questions for you before I can come up with a diagnosis. How many miles are on the vehicle? Does this problem occur more when cruising or on take off? Does it get worse or better as the engine warms up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I am taking off. It has 124000 miles on it seems to be ok when I am going just at the start after I have stopped
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Have you had the transmission fluid changed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I had my oil changed the guy said the transmission fluid was very very low so he filled it Like almost empty He couldn't find any leaks any where.
Expert:  fix it man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. There is obviously a problem. If the fluid is low then it went someplace. If there are not any external leaks then most of the time this is caused by an issue with the transmission oil cooler. It may be allowing transmission fluid to enter the cooling system. If there is no evidence of this then it is possible that someone may have accidentally drained it or not filled it properly. Have you ever had the transmission serviced?