Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 kia sorento speedometer is off by approx 25 miles per

Customer Question

2006 kia sorento speedometer is off by approx 25 miles per hour (fast)
instrument cluster, speed sensor and speedo drive gear have been replaced with no change
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Does it shift poorly?

Is the PCM getting an inaccurate speed signal as well?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PCM also show incorrect speed (too fast) , transmission seems to be shifting fine

Thanks for checking that. This confirms the issue is at the VSS sensor or the drive gear for the VSS. One of those is damaged and causing the speedometer to read to high.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BOth the VSS and Speedometer gear assembly have been replaced with kia parts and still have the same problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both parts made no change in cluster or pcm reading

I tried, that is all I got and can see to blame, I will opt out and let another try.