EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

The radio in my 2012 KIA optima keeps going in and out

Customer Question

The radio in my 2012 KIA optima keeps going in and out intermittently. It is behaving like a loose wire or bad contact. this is the only car i have and cannot bring it in to the dealership. Any ideas
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. In the interior fuse box, there is a battery saver fuse. Sometimes this fuse works loose. Try pulling out the battery saver fuse and then pushing it back in. Also just press on all the other fuses to make sure they are secure.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

If you do that and the problem still occurs the radio will need to be removed and the connections on the back wiggled and checked.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please remember to rate my service today and please ask any follow up questions you may have. Thanks.