Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2002 Kia that the transmission cable seems to be

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2002 Kia that the transmission cable seems to be short! If I shift into park it won't engage the transmission into park unless I remove the nut and bolt on the cable and shift it manually on the transmission. Can it be the shaft it is hooked up to jumped a tooth or gear??
Thanks. Tim
Category: Kia
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing is more like due to either the cable is not adjusted correctly or the cable is just bad. If you can tell me which model your Kia is I can check on the cable adjustment steps for you.