Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 05 Kia Sportage 2wd V6 & the AC works normal 4 the

Customer Question

I have a 05 Kia Sportage 2wd V6 & the AC works normal 4 the first 30 min then wen u come 2 a lite it blows warm until U get up to 40mph or so & it starts blowing cold again ??
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, when you are at the stop with it not working does it sound like the engine cooling fan is running at high speed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't tell w/ the blower motor on.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Different expert here.
Take it for a test drive for at least 15-20 minutes, then pull over and open the hood and with engine idling, look to see if fan at the radiator and condenser at front of engine compartment is running
If not running, then there is a fan issue which will cause the ac to blow warm/hot while idling or at low speeds.
If running ok, then there is a restriction in the ac condenser and will need to be replaced
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks