sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

CRANKS BUT WON'T START

Customer Question

CRANKS BUT WON'T START
Category: Kia
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If there is no communication with the ECM, no spark or injector pulse and I'm assuming no fuel pressure, then the ECM is down. Most commonly this would be an internal ECM failure requiring it's replacement but it's possible that you could have a wiring or power distribution issue preventing it from waking up.

The next step would be to load test the ECM powers and grounds. Has this been done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey , thank for the help but I have more problems with this car. I installed a used computer in van. Van starts up and idles good. Van was not charging so I put a new alternator on now it charges. Now I have no acceleration, the blinkers are inop, brake light on, tire light on, no a/c and esc light on. All was working before. This happen is a storm so lighting or water shorted this. It was not in a water that was deep but raining very hard.

also no communication with other modules.

Have all fuses been checked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Do you have a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes (snap on moduis). engine module (the used one that I put in) communicates. the others do not but my scanner is capable to do that .

have the powers and grounds been tested at the modules that won't communicate?