EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

I have a Kia Sedona 2008. My wife push the automatic door

Customer Question

I have a Kia Sedona 2008. My wife push the automatic door button on the ceiling to open the side door too hard and the plastic latches broke caused the buttons push always up into the ceiling. After that the interior lights/door lights no longer work; the aircondition blower is "always" on "full blast" - cannot decrease the blower anymore (the volume dial no longer work). Furthermore, the "AIR" bag light is always "ON".
Was it a "relay" or "control unit" somewhere that control all of these? The automatic "door" button still work - can use it to open and close the side door.
Thanks for any suggestion. I have a "volt-meter" if you want me to to some testings/measurements on the electrical components.
Thanks,
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.
If you did not do it yet, you need to make sure that no wires were broken, connector broken, or bare wires touching each other behind the overhead housing.
If all ok, I need the 17 digit vin number to pull up the wiring schematics.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First thing I checked was to make sure that there were no wire broken and wire touching each other or disconnected. The VIN #: KNDMB233286198103.NOTE: The power button (on the overhead console) that control the siding door is working fine. I pressed it (the power button on the overhead console) and I can use the sliding door button on the door to automatically open the door.Thanks,
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hmmmm, odd, the VIN is valid, but for some reason I am unable to pull schematics. I will open this up for other experts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May someone please answer my issues above. If I have to pay additional fee, I will because I need to get them work, especially when using the Air Condition (the blower is always at "full blast" - cannot reduce/lower the blower regardless how the dial is used).Thanks,
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I see your question has been opened back up. Do you still need assistance with this concern?