Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2011 Kia Sorento when set to auto climate control only

Customer Question

My 2011 Kia Sorento when set to auto climate control only blows on the lowest setting if if the temp is set to LO. The blower works fine in manual mode when I set the speed and the A/C blows cold. I really want it to maintain the temperature I set automatically as it was intended. Any idea what might be causing this?
Category: Kia
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
HI,
Ok, how the circuit works is that both the manual and automatic send a signal to the blower motor resistor to regulate blower motor speed. So since the blower speed responds to the manual setting of blower speed, we know that both the resistor and the blower motor are good and that the fault is in the automatic climate control panel. The only repair for this is to replace the climate control panel
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks