Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am currently stranded in my amante it seems the

Customer Question

Hi I am currently stranded in my amante it seems the immobilizer system is activated and it will not let me start the car yesterday I drove 90 miles to have a Kia dealer check it out and you could find no problems with it today its acting up again and I'm stranded any thoughts
Category: Kia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to get it home can that system be overridden?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If the theft light is on or flashing with the key on, then it is the theft system to blame for not being able to start. However it is not bypass able. Do you have a scan tool so we can see which codes are stored to determine what diag and repair steps are needed?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris