EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Technician
Experience:  Kia Professional Elite, ASE A1-A9 L1 L2 Certified. 20 years dealer experience.
34559540

Do you know how and where to obtain the reverse signal 12+

Customer Question

Hi Scott, do you know how and where to obtain the reverse signal 12+ near the stereo for fitting a reverse cam in a Sorento 2007 Diesel.
Category: Kia
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. To find the reverse light signal, you should first remove one of the tail light assemblies from the car. Then check the wire color for the reverse light bulb. This harness runs down the drivers side under the scuff plates. This is the closest you will get to the stereo inside the vehicle. Now, using a test light, locate the same wire colors as you saw going to the reverse bulb, and check that wire for B+ when the vehicle is shifted into reverse. That is how you locate your power wire to the reverse lights for your camera. Thank you.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on this? Were you able to get the job done? Let me know and please rate my service as well. Thanks.