K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Asian Import Specialist, AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have 06 Sedona(What a problem child!) No 12V+ at fuel pump

Customer Question

Hi Dave, I have 06 Sedona(What a problem child!) No 12V+ at fuel pump connector(White). Spray fuel to intake, engine start fine and die. Look like something cut off 12V supply to fuel pump. FP fuse has 12V, Relay is not clicking. Please advise and help
Category: Kia
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Hello, remove the fuel pump relay and look on the bottom for the numbers to identify each cavity where it plugs in.

Checking on cavity 30 you should have 12 volts at all times.

Checking on cavity 85 there should be 12 volts with the key on and while cranking.

Checking on cavity 86 there should be ground while cranking

Let me know what you find and we can continue working. I'll post the wiring diagram below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dave,
Thanks for your guidances, I felt embarrassed that I missed the test. I have all the power to power up the pump @ 55PSI.
This is what I had done so far:-NEW(all OEM): TBI; Accelerator Pedal Sensor; Camshaft and Crankshaft sensors; Fuel Pump Assy. Started engine ran rough for 10 second and shutoff(look like fuel cut-off being applied by ECM) Codes P161B; P2106; P1295 popped up. I read several threads mentioned that Dealer has an updated software to correct these problem codes? It's not drivable, If this is the case then I will be happy to tow to dealer for upgrading software. Please advise. I am very confuse right now after spend tons of $$$ for parts so far. I can not afford much now. Thanks in advance
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

No worries and my apologies for the delayi n getting back to you. I've got all the info on the codes which I will post below.

In short the pcm does need to be reflashed and it possibly may be bad.